We might as well talk about it, because I know you’re already thinking about it. As Thanksgiving inches closer, I can’t help but think about pie! As I said last week, I haven’t been reaching for sweets much during this pregnancy — so thoughts of pumpkin and pecan pie haven’t been on my mind. But, this EASY berry pie is tart, simple and satisfies my sweet tooth.
Here’s how to make it — it’s as easy as pie.
Mixed Berry Pie
- Refrigerated pie crust
- 4-5 cups mixed berries, fresh or thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with one sheet of dough. In a medium bowl, combine berries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Scoop berry mixture into pie pan and distribute cubed butter across surface. Cut remaining sheet of dough into strips and create a lattice. Use your fingers to crimp the edges of the dough. Brush dough with egg wash and sprinkle additional sugar on top if desired.
- Bake pie at 450 F for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Top with whipped cream. Serve warm.