by Carly Grace Yoga
Chicken Fajita Skillet [Gluten-Free, Paleo, Dairy Free]
- 1 1b boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Onion, peeled
- 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Jalapeño, diced
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1 Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Cup of Corn
- 2 Zucchini, diced
Herbs & Spices
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO
- Preheat your large deep skillet on medium heat and add the EVOO to the pan. Add your onion, add your garlic, and saute until the onion softens and the consistency looks a bit soupy. Add your bell pepper, add your zucchini, add salt, pepper, and cumin, and allow the vegetables to saute in the herbs and spices for 5 minutes.
- If your skillet is large enough you can cook the chicken in the same skillet; otherwise, preheat another skillet and cook the chicken on medium heat with EVOO, Salt, and Pepper until the Chicken can be cut through with no remaining pink.
- Add corn, add beans, add seasoning (my favorite is Mexican Fiesta) to the vegetable mixture and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- I like to use my Vitamix; however, it is important to gently combine the ingredients. If you are using a food processor or blender, pulse a couple of times only. If you over-process the mixture, you will end up with a purée consistency rather than a salsa consistency.
- Top with cilantro
Optional Additions/ Notes
- Microwave your lime for 15-20 seconds to get an easier squeeze and more juice
- Top with Goat or Feta Cheese
- Add Guacamole or Avocado to top off your skillet
- Add additional Hot Sauce, I love Sriracha
- Top with Whole30 Mango Salsa, or the Salsa of your choice
- Serve with GF Lime Chips and Guacamole or Salsa
- Make a batch of my favorite Spicy Margaritas to enjoy alongside your skillet
- Share your ideas with me below or on instagram @carlygraceyoga