I love using doTERRA essential oils to enhance the products I already love. Let's get real, not everyone has the time to figure out blending the consistencies of ingredients such as shea butter and coconut oil or to use the bain-marie method to perfect a concoctions consistency.
To enhance your favorite face lotion, add 12 drops of essential oil to each 30 ml of lotion. My favorite additions to lotion are:
- Lavender: nourishes the skin
- Geranium: smoothes and tones the skin
- Clary Sage: reduces skin inflammation and heals rashes; it balances the production of natural oil in the skin, minimizing both oily and dry skin
- Frankincense: helps moisturize and smooth skin
- Sandalwood: soothes the skin, relieves it from inflammation and irritation, and cures infections
- Rose: helps in refining skin texture, controlling skin diseases such as psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
If you are looking for a good product to infuse your oils with, check out First Aid Kit available at Sephora. I love the simplicity of their products, and the all natural enhancements such as charcoal and colloidal oatmeal.