And just like that, we blink and November is here. With a baby on the way, Patrick and I have been seriously nesting at home, preparing for baby Milyo’s arrival and getting ready for our last holiday season as a family of two. As we wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I thought I’d ring in November with a few things I’ve been loving lately.
1. MaraNatha Peanut Butter — I've heard from a lot of girl mamas that a BIG sweet tooth is a tell tale sign of having a girl. Well, I've had a sweet tooth my entire life, and all of sudden sweets have become less interesting. Over the last few months I've enjoyed sour, spicy, and my fair share of Mexican food. While my normal sweet tooth has been dormant, my love of peanut butter has not. There's something undeniable about this protein packed comfort food, and MaraNatha understands blending spicy and sweet perfectly.
2. Tom’s Lavender Tea Tree Beauty Bar Soap — While many people lean towards body scrubs and washes, I love a good old fashioned bar of soap. Tom’s Lavender Tea Tree soap is my current favorite. Not only does it smell amazing, but it’s also nourishing my skin without stripping its natural moisture. Bonus, it’s full of whole, natural ingredients that I feel good about.
3. 123FRE Set — When you sweat for a living, maintaining good skin practices can be a challenge. Finally, there’s a skincare line that keeps sweaty sisters in mind. Fre’s skincare set fights the three major skin problems for those that sweat often — breakouts, dehydration and aging. Bonus, this set comes in a nifty little travel pouch perfect for your gym bag! Use code: carlymcooley15 to save 15% on your purchase.
4. Super Herb Tea — Made especially for moms, this tea is designed to help balance your hormones and support healthy breast milk production. I still have a few months before I’ll begin breastfeeding, but I’m already stocking up on things I will need when my little peanut arrives! P.S. It also has a hint of cinnamon, which I love.
5. Pea in the Pod — I used to fear maternity clothes would just make my feel dumpy, but so much has changed! More and more designers are curating maternity clothes with a fashionable fit, and I’ve found happiness with my bump at Pea in the Pod. This Motherhood Maternity top is inexpensive and comfortable; in fact, I bought it in a few different colors. Pea in the Pod website says it best: “Gone are the days of bulky, boxy tops and shapeless dresses.” Amen to that!
What are your top picks for November? Let me know in the comments!