My entire life, I’ve found myself scribbling down and collecting my favorite quotes that I’ve found and enjoyed. Throughout the years, different words have shaped who I am, and my favorites are always changing. Today, though, I’ve decided to share five of my all-time favorites, words that guide my day-to-day journey!
I’ve always thought that a person’s favorite quote says a lot about them. What’s yours? Let me know in the comments!
1. “Eventually you will see that the real cause of problem is not life itself. It's the commotion the mind makes about life that really causes the problems.”
― Michael Singer - Untethered Soul
This is from one of my favorite books, and it’s a great reminder that your mentality is your reality! Your thoughts shape your life, and learning to cultivate positivity within them is the key to success.
2. “Let go of the battle. Breathe quietly and let it be. Let your body relax and your heart soften. Open to whatever you experience without fighting.”
From another one of my favorite books, this quote from Jack Kornfield is a daily reminder to slow down, take a breath, and relax.
3. “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.”
Another book favorite! Maybe I should start a book club? As I’ve built my yoga studio and the connectedness between our instructors/#StormLeaders, I’m constantly reminded of this. How can we show others how much they matter to us every day?
4. “What if I fall?" Oh but my darling, What if you fly?
The power of YES is real. You never know what could come from a risk, so get out there, take chances, and jump! Your wings are already there...
5. As long as you feel inspired, your life is being well spent.
My practice and building TPY keeps me busy, but more importantly, it keeps me inspired. I’m so grateful every day to cultivate an environment at TPY where others can feel the same. Shout out to my #YogaStorm Family!